Here are a few photographs of Wombourne Quilters' contribution to the Christmas Tree Festival at Wombourne United Reform Church, using the beautiful bags entered in our Christmas Challenge. Over 80 local groups have put up and decorated trees which will be on display over the Christmas period.
and here are some of the others from other groups:
The church is open on Christmas Eve 1.30 – 4.30pm
Here is our December Newsletter with info for the New Year sent by Carole Auden:
Our next meeting will be on January 15th, when I’ll be doing a demo on how to apply Shisha mirrors, and how I go about embellishing them. DO please bring with you your Crazy Patchwork Round Robin if it has some shisha on it, and we can all have a look-see. For the evening, if you want to have a go, please bring the following with you:
· 6” or 8” embroidery hoop with the inner ring bound in scrap fabric to assist in gripping your ‘working’ fabric.
· Piece of fabric about 10-12” square, and a backing fabric the same size. Backing fabric need not be posh stuff, and should not ‘bleed’ through to the front of your work.
· Perle threads of your own choice of colour. Size 5 is okay but a bit thin, size 8 is probably best for starting out. You could alternatively use stranded embroidery threads.
· Needles. Always a tricky one… I prefer to use Chenille needles, small and extremely sharp ones, but whichever you feel most comfortable with and the eye will hold your chosen yarn will be fine.
· Small sewing kit, scissors, thimble, etc…
I’ll be bringing the mirrors, so no need to go out and buy some, but if you want to have a go at adding beads, ribbon, other embellishments please bring your stuff along. I’ll have some bits and pieces with me too.
It will be 2014 before we know it, so here’s a repeat of some additions to make to your programmes:
5th March will see us PATS testing, but we will also be doing a sewers Bring and Buy. Some items from Mrs Foley’s estate will be up for grabs, proceeds to go to the group.
19th March is Sit and Sew, but we will also be having some fun getting rid of ugly fabric. We’ll fill in the details nearer the time, but until then, do keep that horrid fat quarter for this event, and then scratch your heads on how you’re going to use what you get out of the evening. I think I already mentioned that I’ll be away for this spectacular, but Gill Biel and Carol Thomas have promised to keep me in mind when the fun gets underway. I’m STILL relying on all of you to protect my interests!!
18th June 2014 is now a Sit and Sew evening.
2nd July we have Margaret Davidson doing a Retrospective on her fabulous work. Not to be missed, and as a little teaser, I’ve got Margaret to agree to run a workshop on the next year’s programme. More details nearer the time….(Sorry Margaret, I don’t mean to keep talking about you as if you weren’t there!)
Just a reminder really, that Ann Jermey is extending her Patchwork and Quilting class on Thursdays from 23rd January, 2014. This new class is designed for beginners but I understand that others will be welcome. The details are:
· Thursdays from 23rd January at the Library/Community Centre in Wombourne from 1.30 to 3.30pm Charge of £5 for each session on attendance, and please bring a mug for your cuppa.
Your Committee would like to wish you all a happy and peaceful festive season, and we look forward to seeing you in 2014.
See you next time